Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday Roundup: Thanksgiving Kid Crafts



Hi there!  I'm starting something new on the blog that I hope you will enjoy.  It's called the Wednesday Roundup.  Every Wednesday I will feature a "Roundup" of different things.  It could be anything from cute handmade dresses, to different kinds of DIY chalkboards for kiddos.  Whatever the topic, there will definitely be a ton of fun images to look at and links to informative sites.  I'm very excited to start this weekly roundup as I have enjoyed many roundups on other favorite blogs.  I hope you enjoy mine as much as I have enjoyed theirs.

So here we go!  This weeks roundup features fun Thanksgiving Crafts for the Kiddos.  Thanksgiving is only three short weeks away and crafts for this time of year are always fun.  Filled with fall colors and everything turkey, here are a few crafts that you and the kiddos will enjoy.


Thankful Crafts



I love the hanging tree of thanks.  You could pre-cut leaf cutouts and have the kiddos decorate them even further.  I can even see expanding this idea to a larger piece of foam core to allow for more leaves of thanks.  If you have more than one kiddo, the thankful turkey sign is great!  Each kid can have their very own door sign describing all the things they are thankful for.


Family Fun Crafts


1.  Fall Hand Tree   2.  Pilgrim Finger Puppets

The Pilgrim Finger Puppets are really cute.  The site also has other printouts for Indians and turkeys.  I remember making Paper Plate Turkeys as a child and they were always really fun.  You could also cut out holes for eyes and mouth and make a turkey face mask!




I LOVE the Turkey Magnet!  I think this is going to be a craft for Grace and I.  Also, what better way to get rid of all that Halloween candy corn!  The Salt Dough Prints are my favorite craft idea so far and I can't wait to make these with Grace.  They will make for some great coasters around the home or even as a gift set to a loved one.  




Turkey Pinwheels!!  So cute!  And what kid doesn't love a good turkey hat.  I love the idea of turkey pins.  I know Grace would love to wear one.

Thank you for viewing my first roundup.  It was so much fun!  I love surfing the web and finding fun ideas for Grace and I to do together.  I hope you get some great ideas out this roundup and you have a ton of fun with your family making some festive Thanksgiving crafts.

Until next time...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...