Thursday, November 3, 2011

Knitting Bag - It's finished!



She's a beauty!  What a fun little project.  Unfortunately, my brand new camera has suffered from a power surge and I can't get my pictures off to post the tutorial I was going to give.  However, a great friend, who also happens to be a professional photographer, was kind enough to take some amazing photos for me.

Her name is Karen of Karen Renee Photography.  This woman is mother to a spunky little girl who has one of the biggest, most infectious smiles I've ever seen.  Karen is so talented, as you will see.  She also has a great sense of humor and can always make me laugh.  The first night we ever met was at a MNO (mom's night out) at a local restaurant and she almost busted my gut.  If you get the chance, check out Karen's Facebook page and take a look at some of her most recent shoots.


The shoot was really fun.  We just went over to the Arch grounds and took the strollers "off road" to find a little spot among the trees.  The leaves were falling and the air was crisp and I think the bag looked perfect in the setting.





I love the bag hanging in the tree.  It's so pretty.  


The straps make the bag gather in the middle, adding some dimension.  If you took a look at the original pattern via the link on my "Busy, Busy, Busy" post then you will know that this bag looks completely different and I have added quite a few features.

The bag is very simple but it is so functional.  The bag itself is roomy and can hold quite a bit.  However, I only had a few things in it:  a ball of yarn, knitting needles, a knitting pattern I made and lipstick.

It's a comfy bag and the pattern on the fabric is to die for.  There are four roomy pockets and two yarn holders that you can also use as key holders.






Karen took amazing pictures and I'm so grateful because without them, I wouldn't even be able to post about this fantastic bag for my friend.  I can't wait for her feedback on it and I'll be sure to let everyone know what she thinks.

Thanks for stopping by.  It's on to toddler bedding from here and we've already had a slight hiccup...more about that later.

Oh, and Karen even took a picture of me!


I'd say it's a keeper!  Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...