Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home Made Cereal Box Puzzle


I love to give Grace a challenge and today I was feeling a little lost when it came to figuring out what to do next to give her little brain a workout.  We have a few puzzles, all of which she has mastered so while cleaning the kitchen, I was about to throw away the empty cereal box when BAM!  It hit me!  I can make a home made puzzle that Grace has never seen before.  Challenge Accepted!

First, I set out to cut off the front of the box with a pair of scissors.



Next comes the shapes for the puzzle.  I decided with the first one, I'd go light and see how she did so I marked the back of the cut-out with a marker and divided the image into even rectangles.  Later, as she gets better at these kinds of puzzles, I'll make more difficult shapes and varying sizes.




Cut, spread and call over the baby and play with a new puzzle FOREVER!  She never quite got the hang of it, but she was definitely interested and really trying to figure this thing out...which is exactly what I was going for!




Grace had a great time playing with this puzzle and wanted to do it again that night with Daddy.  The great thing about this is by the time she masters this one, we will be finished with the next box of cereal.  Different image, different puzzle.  We could do this every time!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a good idea!
I've just found your blog via 'sewing in no man's land'.
I'm in a similar situation to you, except my second daughter is now 6 months old. Oh how time flies.
I'm looking forward to following your blog. You are welcome to visit mine at http://dressmakerelves.blogspot.com/
;o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...